ShareThis

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sugar-Free Fudge Brownies

Our lovely Squish has had amazing results on her health kick, having reached her first milestone and now well on her way to her ultimate goal. I couldn't be more proud, she looks amazing. Anyway, she has been supplying me with wonderful sugar-free recipes which make me infinitely happy because then I can indulge without giving up. So now you can too, because here is the first, and I'll give you another one next week.

*May not be a picture of sugar-free brownies
Fudge Brownies
 
Ingredients
  • olive oil cooking spray
  • 2/3 cup mild honey, such as clover or orange blossom
  • 1/3 cups natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract