ShareThis

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Are you Living Your Dream Life? Part Two: Caitlin

Who are you and what is your life like now?

Hello Dancing in Barefeet readers! I am Caitlin from Diary of a scatterbrain. Who am I you're wondering? I am a 23 year old recent college graduate trying to find my place and purpose in this crazy world! I consider myself a dreamer, believer, sister, daughter, friend, & designer. So far the ride has been a lot of fun and very unpredictable. I am currently working in an interior design firm, getting ready to move to the beautiful Minneapolis, Minnesota, waiting for my U.S. Marine to come back from our first deployment and just learning how to be a "grown-up" one step at a time ;).


What would you do all day, week or year if you were living your dream life?

Oh goodness - just a great question. If I could live my dream life for one year I would pack up my life in one suitcase and move to Italy for one year. I would live just like Liz from Eat, Pray, Love and eat & drink my way through Italy! I would love to experience Italy, I think it is such a beautiful place and the culture amazes me. I really do hope to do this someday (sooner than later!).

What would your job be?

My job would be a professional wine/food taster! How amazing does that sound?


Why would it make you happy?

Why wouldn't it make me happy is the better question. The idea of traveling somewhere is always an amazing experience, you learn all about yourself while learning about a new area and new culture. I believe stepping out my comfort zone makes me a better, happier, and healthier person. Even if turned out to be a horrible experience, I would learn from it and become a better person because of it. Also, I can't image not being happy spending a year in Italy eating pasta, drinking red wine, and soaking it all in.



So what's stopping you?

 
Money. Plain and simple- I am broke. I am paying student loans back, saving for my apartment,  and I am searching for a new car, All these things are basic needs in my life right now so the idea of running away to Italy (as amazing as it sounds) is not super realistic right now for this time in my life. I wish that I could be one of those people who has NO fear, just packs up and leaves but that just isn't me. Once my life gets more settled and in order, I relaly do hope I can make this dream a reality!



Thanks for reading all about my dream life! :) Stop by my blog and say hi! I would love to hear from you and hear all about your dreams! 

Thanks so much Caitlin for contributing to the Dream Life series! 

If you would like to participate, I'd love to have you on board. Use the Contact Me tab to email me your answers to the Dream Life questions. I'll reply to get your photos and let you know when you will be published. All I ask in return is that you link back to Dancing in Barefeet on the day you appear.

Are you living your Dream Life?