ShareThis

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Creme Brulee: The Story of the Great Anticipation

Thanks so much for all the feedback you guys sent me yesterday on various media; that was awesome! I had a few oh-my-gosh-I-need-chocolate moments today but I’ve survived with watermelon, nuts and hot milk as my substitutes.

Tonight I plan on straying from my sugar-free life for just a few minutes as two very dear friends tempt me with Crème Brulee! I have known this night was coming for a few weeks and it has helped me keep on track because I knew that in order to indulge tonight I needed to be on my best behaviour leading up to it.

The dinner tonight is part of a monthly tradition amongst our close friends. It started as a resurrection of a weekly movie night two of us shared many moons ago, where we would sit around and watch old black and white movies together. The new and improved movie night has a life of its own. It’s a chance for our Inner Circle of friends to get together no matter how busy we have been, and to share a common love of good movies and great food.
 
Our hosts use us as guinea pigs as they expand their now massive culinary repertoire – to be fair we may have forced them into it by challenging them to come up with new recipes, but we aren’t complaining about testing them out! Tonight is the first time they have made Crème Brulee and I don’t care how it turns out, I’ve been looking forward to it for what feels like a lifetime and I will enjoy it as such! Going by recent movie night meals, it will be amazing.

These guys came up in an image search for 'friends' - how could I say no?!
It’s really an honour to be part of this tradition with such an awesome group of people. We have come together over many years and many ups and downs and I hope our adventures will continue together for a really long time. A monthly movie night seems so simple, but now that it is a regular part of our lives its something I look forward to the entire week prior. Our hosts may disagree, since they are the ones cooking! One day I am sure we will be in different places or different jobs and movie night may cease to exist. But for now its not just dinner and a movie, it’s also something fun and relaxed and enjoyable - and reliable too. It’s nice to have to look forward to every month. We’ll have to improvise in Europe!

So, my bliss for the day is sharing this night with amazing people and striving to put as much positivity into their lives as they do into mine.

Do you have traditions within your Inner Circle that mean more than meets the eye?