ShareThis

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Can't You See the Sparks Flying?!

I have mentioned before one of my nail clients, with whom I always have a laugh. It never feels like work to have her around. This post is for her! Last time she was around, we were talking about the blog and she was full of praise. I don't blush easily and she made me blush! It's so lovely to be getting feedback on something I put a lot of work into because I really enjoy it and I love that other people are enjoying it and learning from it.

Anyway, we were talking about the blog and I mentioned that I am absolute rubbish at thinking of blog titles. From then on, every random sentence became a blog title, including the title of this blog 'Can't you see the sparks flying?!' which she requested I use. All of this was amongst a fit of giggles and made me wonder why we don't hang out outside nail appointments.

Miss Nails and I have known each other since high school, united by a need to avoid weird art teachers at all costs. After school, when I moved to Australia for a couple of years, we lost touch. As always, Facebook reunited us, and we fell straight back into our old friendship. We never really hung out outside school, despite being quite close, I suppose because we have very different groups of friends and different interests. That doesn't change the fact that we have a blast together and have always got on like a house on fire.

Everyone has a friend they lose touch with or see rarely, but every time they catch up it's like no time has passed. I'm lucky to have Miss Nails in my life. She has an infectious laugh and a contagious positive attitude. I've never heard her complain, because everything that happens to her has a positive or funny twist. That's not because her life is a box of roses, more so that her outlook on it is.

You know who your Miss Nails is, the person (or people) that you fall into place with no matter how long its been. And I'm sure you have someone in your life whose infectious positivity is priceless to have around. Go and find them! I don't know about where you are, but its a beautiful day here*, and a really good excuse for a wine and a giggle!

Miss Nails, we need to get on with organising the same ;)

*Blog written and saved on a sunny day. Today is more like movies and popcorn!