ShareThis

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Red, Red Wine - Bordeaux, France

We stop in Bordeaux for one night only, on the way from Paris to San, Sebastian, Spain.


Where we will sleep

Le Village du Lac (Campsite)
How long? 1 night
How much? €25.80 per night (2 adults, small tent, 1 motorbike)
Check in? 12am? I think they mean noon. We're aiming to arrive around 4pm from Paris.
Check out?  12am, but I think we can safely presume they mean noon. We have a nice easy 2.5 hour ride from here to San Sebastian, Spain so we probably won't leave until after lunch.
Why we chose it? We are just staying here on the way from Paris to San Sebastian, and we chose Bordeaux because it looked pretty and interesting. The campsite has a pool, Laundry, Grocery store, guarded parking and wifi. We also love I've Been There for help choosing things to see and places to stay!

What we want to see

We stop in Bordeaux for one night on our way from Paris to San Sebastian, Spain.

Tour Pey-Berland - With so little time, climbing the Tower for a view of the region seems like the perfect thing to do.
€5 each
Opening Hours 10am-1.15pm and 2-6pm every day in Summer, last admission 5.30pm.

What we are expecting

I have no idea what to expect from Bordeaux. We aren’t there for long, arriving around 4pm from Paris and leaving after lunch the next day for San Sebastian. I know it’s a wine region so I’m hoping the drive there will be beautiful with more and more vineyards as we get closer. I think the town itself will have a majestic quality, an ancient air about it, less tainted by modern times that cities with higher populations. I don’t know why I expect it to be this way, but I’m hoping for more of a town vibe than a city vibe. More intimate maybe while still being grand and empowering.