ShareThis

Thursday, June 9, 2011

And They're Off!

It's 2pm here in NZ at the moment. In 8 hours we will be winging our way to Christchurch to see my darling friend Gin. Sure it's only an hour away by plane, but it's the first big step on our journey.

I have finished work! Today was my last day. I am jobless! I am a bum and I am stoked about it.

So, we fly 1 hour 20 minutes to Christchurch and get there at 11.20pm. Gingin is picking us up and we have a short 24 hours with her before we leave again at midnight tomorrow, bound for Kuala Lumpur. I'm pretty sure the flight to Kuala Lumpur is 11 hours 15 minutes (by my own calculations, using google to work out time differences) and then we have 1 hour 45 minutes to stretch our legs (cross your fingers for no delays!) before another 13 hours 45 minutes to London.

Friends and Family - we should be in Kuala Lumpur around 11.25am Saturday morning NZ time, leaving 1.10pm Saturday afternoon and arriving in London at 2.55am Sunday morning.

Once we're in London, the journey's not over! We have a few hours to kill (5 from memory) and then another flight to Dublin, followed by a bus to Athlone. We arrive in Athlone at about 1.30am Sunday morning (Athlone time) which I think is around 12.30pm Sunday afternoon NZ time.

Whew! So, for friends and family, those are all the details, and for everyone else, if I get a chance to hop online on the way, rest assured I will. Otherwise I'll blog the first chance I get, hopefully eating Curry Chips in Joanie's house! ;D

Here we go...