ShareThis

Monday, May 30, 2011

Back into the Thick of it - Schlotheim, Germany

After Prague we head back into Germany to a small town called Schlotheim for the Party San Open Air metal festival.

Where we will sleep

Party San festival (Campsite)
How long? 3 nights 
Check in? The campground opens on 10 August at 10am. We have a 4 hour ride from Prague and we’re planning on arriving around 1pm.
Check out? Not specified. We’re heading to Munich via Dachau Concentration Camp so we will be leaving Prague around 7am to get to Dachau by 12.30pm.
How much? Free!
Why we chose it? It was included free with our tickets!

What we want to see

Again in Schlotheim the main attraction is a metal festival, Party San. The festival is held on Obermehler airbase, which is kind of cool.

Schlotheim is much smaller than Wacken, with only 31 bands playing on 2 stages. Even though I don’t know any of the bands as well as I know those going to Wacken, I think I’m looking forward to Party San more, just because it will be smaller and a lot less daunting.

What we are expecting

I’m expecting something much smaller than the huge fields of Wacken and Benicassim. I’m sure that my vision of ‘small’ will actually still be much, much bigger than anything I’ve been to in New Zealand or Australia. I’m expecting more space and less crowds, but I think that anything in Europe is going to have to be bigger than anything I can imagine. I’m really looking forward to watch Courtney live his dreams and enjoy his favourite bands in forum that we could never even hope for down here in New Zealand.